So. I’m smitten. … like big-dopey-grin-on-my-face smitten.
I hadn’t actually wanted to write about it much, nor had I really gone into too much detail with my friends until recently**. I mean, I meet guys, I get excited, it doesn’t work out, rinse, repeat. However, this has been different in a very good way. Still nothing official, it’s only been two dates. But yeah, I really wanted to just let this one percolate with myself for a while.
So, without going into some big gushy rant about how amazing I think he is (I do, and he is), or about how hot he is (and he is), or any other little sickening “oh-my-gosh I’m so freaking happy” crap…. here’s just some highlights so far…
- driving out to a bar that’s already had last call, just to spend 30 minutes with me… and then drive me home.
- always opening the car door for me to get in.
- iPhone apps talk, and playing with his half-naked weather chicks app…
- “Big, beefy caveman”…. (though I think the original is “big, beefy, sexy caveman”)
- making engine noises to make up for his prius (which is kinda sorta really awesome — both the car and the noises)
- realizing that we both have full-sized beds for the same reason
- getting to facebook stalk him and see all his half-naked pictures (most of which are from when he’s drumming)
- costumes/dress-up discussions
- adorable excitable eyebrows
- call-escorting me to the bus stop
- talking about why parents shouldn’t get 14-year-olds puppies, and turning it into a discussion that my mom should have gotten me a boy toy (aka him — yes, he did the whole point-and-nod-to-himself thing…)
- getting called “babesauce”