Here are some things going on right now:
- As mentioned in the previous post, I went to the Gals Guide Summit. It was really good! Very fun and informative. Well organized, and some great swag! Seriously, free Dove deodorant? um, yes. Also: pizza, chocolates, cookies, cupcakes, and vitamin water! Plus a lot more. Jenn’s review (in that last link) covers more of it. She was there and I was pleasantly surprised to see Rabbit Write (aka Rachel W.) there!
- I had an interview for a job on Thursday. It went well, and the store owner wants me to meet with the manager (happening on Wednesday). I believe the phrase she used was “If you’re serious about this job, you should schedule a meeting with the L. Ave store manager.” Um. YES.
- I got to go to Shedd for free. I won tickets to the aquarium and to see their new Oceaniarum show, Fantasea. 3 hours of fishes. Mennogirl and jrosei came after work to join me for the show. It was a little over the top for me, but I know some young girls who would probably LOVE it. We then ate at Uber Burger, and walked around downtown for a while.
- The kittens have started waking me up early again. It’s either by walking on my face or by dive bombing the bed from the top of the window. They’re either preparing me for a new schedule I don’t know about yet or they’re punishing me for buying crappy food.
- I’ve been hanging out and talking with someone I haven’t seen in a while. And have thoroughly been enjoying it.
- Once I find out about this job, good or bad, I’m going to take a few days and go visit my dad, stepmom and sisters.