So. January 31st, eh? It shouldn’t surprise me that the month is ending, but it is.
I contemplated doing an end of the month wrap up post, but well, there’s just too much clouding up my mind right now. So you’re getting that mess instead.
- I am still, in no means, adjusted to living at my dad’s. My sisters (and their attitudes) frustrate me daily. The eye rolling, the correcting everyone, talking over everyone, the one-upmanship and holier than thou-ness… it’s all endless. I’m trying to not let it affect me, but it is. It’s why I hide in the cold basement with the cats. I realize this is just a temporary situation, but it’s still hard.
- I’m so grateful to have found Duneland Friends Meeting. I haven’t been to Meeting (aka church) for a while. I’ve missed this stillness and quietness. And in my current situation, it’s much needed. It also means I don’t have to attend my family’s church.
- I can believe that they’re offering “Creation Science” at my sisters’ homeschool co-op — I just wish it wasn’t true.
- I’m planning a trip to see this lady. I’m excited. Very excited.
- I’m also getting Enthused too…
- I completely agree with everyone. Chris and I aren’t really breaking up, but transitioning from a romantic relationship to a solely platonic one.
- I still hate my endometriosis. It sucks. I hate feeling weak and in so much pain. I especially hate getting tired and worn out from simple tasks or just walking up the stairs.
- … sometimes I think that I don’t actually have sisters, but I have elephants. Or hippos.
- I am absolutely obsessed with Chex Mix right now. I cannot get enough of it. I’m fairly certain they’ve put crack in it. I don’t really care. I just want need more. Particularly the “bold” flavor. And their puppy chow (or “Muddie Buddies”)… and the cheese. AND ALL OF IT. (Seriously, Chex Mix, SPONSOR MY LIFE.)
- I just want to be back in Chicago. I miss the city. I miss not needing a car, and having almost everything within bus or train or walking distance. I don’t like that I can’t just go meet up with my friends. That I can’t go to meetups or send offs. I dislike that I can’t take advantage of the free days at museums and the aquarium. I miss having a variety of restaurants to choose from. I miss bars like Four Moons. I miss my nerds — Renegade & Mucca — like crazy. I absolutely cannot wait to be back.
- Still struggling with 140Days. I’m forever grateful for those who’ve supported me thus far, but I’m still far from my goal. I know it’s not going to happen overnight, but this is just a big thing for me. I’m actively searching for design contests and grants and such — not only because I need them, but the part I’ve been struggling with is just asking for people to donate. I need it, but well, it’s still something I’m working with.
- Job interview on Thursday (assuming I can get back to the city).
- I’m attempting this re-branding thing, where I re-brand/repackage items I use daily.
There’s still a bit more muddying up my mind… but that’s sort of the main chunks.
So, what’s stuck in your mind?