There has been a great deal of happiness in my life recently. I am so unbelievably grateful for these sources of joy. And all I want to do is just shout it to everyone I meet, all these things that have brought this happiness.
I can’t mention all of them, but here are a few things that have brought me joy lately…
- Early morning quiet time
- Going for walks, either alone or with a friend
- Hugs & hi-fives from fans (who don’t care that I’m just the merch girl)
- Kitty cuddles
- Visiting with D.D.
- Wedding updates from R.
- Whiskey & Ginger Ale (thanks Jessica!)
- “Home”-made green smoothies from that place in Detroit
- Cheer skirts, tube socks, and blackout chuck taylors
- Seeing my friends play some absolutely amazing venues/theaters
- T. & V., for helping me get through some not-so-happy times
- Late night giggles in hotel rooms, homestays, bars, and/or the bus
- Bus For Life
- Mucca. Mucca mucca mucca mucca mucca. Mucca.
- Being called beautiful
- THIS VIDEO:
*I got to see this a week or so ago, and couldn’t stop smiling and giggling. This video makes me unbelievably happy and I’m so excited I FINALLY get to share it with everyone! (You can read about it here, on NPR’s All Songs Considered Blog.) I think I’m sort of addicted to this video. Can’t stop watching it. (Even overtook a class just so I could see it on the big screen…)
There are definitely more, and some that aren’t quite so small… but I’m just happy. It’s the kind of happiness that makes you believe you can get through anything. It makes things like diseases or bad days just not matter as much. I know it won’t last forever, but I’m going to bask in this for as long as I can.
I wish I could share all of this happiness and what’s making me so happy with you, but some of it I’m going to just keep to myself. As someone who’s spent the last… 11 years? sharing almost every aspect of myself online… it’s nice to have something wonderful that’s all mine.
Anyway. Cheers to the small things, and the not so small ones.
Feel free to grab the image, share your own joys.