So I got an email this morning notifying me that the lovely Rochelle from The Chic Geek nominated me for a Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is one that is given out by bloggers to other bloggers whom they appreciate.
I’m still exhausted from this weekend, and then CPR/AED training at work yesterday… So it was quite a nice little surprise to wake up to in my inbox. So many, many thanks to her for cheering up my day!
All right. So. On to the questions! (Also a part of this award.)
1. If you could have any superpower what would you pick and why?
Oh man. I mean, flying, of course would be cool… Or the ability to eat whatever I want without any negative consequences. But really, I think I might go with Tony Stark’s crazy intelligence that I could build my own Iron Man-type suit if I wanted to or create real solutions for clean energy.
2. What things inspire you or what do you do to feel inspired?
Music is one of my big pushers. The right song can really change everything. It’s one of the things I love about working with (and being friends with) such amazing musicians/composers. You can just feed off of that creative energy. Another thing that inspires me is nature. It’s a huge reason why I want to move out west. There’s just so much beauty, and intricacies in design in nature. Also, sometimes it just depends on what I’m working on — for a while watching classic Jim Henson creature shop work really got me, and a couple weeks ago it was marathoning House (which had nothing to do with what I was working on).
3. If you could teleport to anywhere in the world right now where would you go?
Deserts. Mountains. … Actually, maybe returning to Chengdu, China? Or visiting Finland for the first time. Or to my brother’s house so I can see my nieces. (OMG BABIES ARE GETTING SO BIG.)
4. If you could meet anyone living or dead who would you choose and why?
I mean, if I could have met the celebrities from this weekend’s panels in person, that would have been amazing. (And yes, I’ll blog about this later.) But also Jim Henson. He’s just simply an amazingly creative mind.
5. What’s your dream job?
I’m still figuring this out again. But ultimately, it will always be a writer. I just want to be financially supported while I write short stories and novels and comics. Yes, I’m working on my writing now, but I still have to have a “day job” to support myself financially — and because of how I work/function, my day job will generally take priority on my energy and focus.
Ok. So. Now I’m supposed to nominate a few bloggers and ask them questions.
1. Is there a recipe from your childhood that you really connect with, or one that will always remind you of family?
2. Is there a place — a park, city, building, event, etc — that just makes you feel so alive when you’re there?
3. What’s your current obsession or guilty pleasure?
4. If you could have any fictional character as a BFF, who would it be and what sorts of things would you do together?
5. Brag about a recent accomplishment. Go ahead, you have complete permission. Big, small, whatever.