Last week was a lot of fun! Reminiscing over our varied, but oh-so-similar, geeky childhoods! It was a really good introductory topic for this and a great way to get to know people even more.
This week our topic is:
Geeky Clothing Items I Need in My Closet Immediately!
I’ve been slowly going through my wardrobe over the last year to finally get rid of things I’m not wearing any more for whatever reason. I’m sadly a clothing hoarder. When I moved into this cozy studio, I had to get rid of a lot of my stash of clothing and shoes. And in that, I managed to get rid of 14 bags. Yes. 14. And yes, after that is when I started going through stuff again. Because I still have too many clothes that I either don’t wear or don’t fit properly any more.
All that to say… I would love a wardrobe overhaul. And while, yes, I do need work appropriate clothes and such… I can’t help but want to let my geek flag fly loud and proud and emblazoned on my clothing. How I’m going to limit this to just 5 things is beyond comprehension.
1. Fightin’ Words fingerless gloves » These are fantastic. And with the weathering taking a turn for the chill, as it does in Fall, these would be the perfect accessory! The pattern for these is available here. I think I might have to get it and see if my gram can make these for me…
2. Curiouser & Curiouser tee » I’ve been eyeing this shirt from ThinkGeek for a while now. In fact, I’m always afraid it’s going to go out of stock before I can actually get it. I love that it’s a relaxed fit, and even more the focal point: the line from Alice in Wonderland.
3. Dino My Gosh dress » Not only do these colors look great on me… This dino dress is super super cute! The cut is classy enough to make the dino print not feel too immature. And the colors. Sadly, though, ModCloth does not have it in my size right now.
4. Marvel Dress » I’ve got B to thank for finding this dress by Suckers Apparel. I have to admit, though, no, I have not read any Captain Marvel comics. I just love this dress. It’s loud and graphic and fun.
5. Red Panda Kigurumi » I mean. How could I not include a Kigurumi? And I would look ridiculously cute in this Red Panda one. I think I have a special bond with Red Pandas. Most likely due to getting to hold one at the Panda Breeding Center in Chengdu, Sichuan. They’re adorable. And fluffy. But not in a soft way. Anyway. It’d just be so fun to have one of these and to dance around and shake that little tail.